BIG TECH. While Twitter is sitting out for the 2020 election, Google and Facebook are counting stacks from political ad spend.
#Ad. 2020 presidential candidates are racing for the White House, but they’re also racing in digital ad spend. All numbers are for Google and Facebook.
- President Trump is leading the ad spend race with about $35 million spent.
- Michael Bloomberg (D) is bulldozing his way to about $26 million spent with his massive budget in just 2 months.
- The top 3 Democrat candidates, Sanders, Warren, and Biden, have a near $30 million spent combined.
How does it affect my wallet?
2020 ad spend analysis: It’s predicted that a record-breaking $6.55 billion will be spent in local political ads. That’s a lot of dough.
- $1.37 billion of that total will go to digital outlets like Facebook and Google.
- $3.08 billion is expected to be spent on traditional over-the-air TV.
WE WANT YOU. To vote for us. If you live in one of the swing states — you’re getting hit with the most political ads. Everyone wants your vote.
Don’t want to miss our financial news you can finally use? Subscribe to our newsletter – it’s free!