If you were bummed out that we didn’t have (real) flying cars by 2020, you’ll want to hold your horses for this upcoming decade.
What do automakers have in store? CES tech conference last week:
- A Sony future. Sony announced its very own electric vehicle to compete with Tesla.
- Mercedes-Mind-Benz. They teased an alien-like concept car that didn’t even have a steering wheel.
- Uber everywhere. Hyundai and Uber announced a partnership and a full-scale model of their first air taxi…yup, an air taxi.
Gross! In other news, Elon tweeted a Model S that can talk to pedestrians and even make fart sound effects – because Elon Musk is 12 years old.
How does it affect my wallet?
Sit back and enjoy the ride. Autonomous vehicles — they’re all the talk.
- By 2030, the autonomous car market is expected to reach $60 billion.
- In just 15 years, North America is expected to own 29% of the world’s self-driving vehicles.
(Toyota is creating a 175-acre city in Japan – a living laboratory to test all this insane tech)
Don’t want to miss our financial news you can finally use? Subscribe to our newsletter – it’s free!