Every day I’m hustlin’. Unemployed teachers, cooks, trainers, and other gurus are utilizing online platforms to bring the dough home.
One stream of income was so 2019. Now that our economy’s fragility is exposed, more people are finding hustles to replace their old job or increase their income.
- 100,000 users have signed up for Patreon, the membership platform, since March. Half of them have started signing up members of their own.
- Etsy added 115,000 new sellers in the first three months of 2020.
- The platform that lets you create and sell online courses, Teachable, added 14,000 new creators from March to July.
More content creators. More people are making attempts to earn extra income on platforms like Twitch, Podia, and OnlyFans. In March alone, OnlyFans saw an increase of over 1.85 million creators and users.
How does it affect my wallet?
While more people are picking up hustles to make more cash, the platforms that host them are also doing well.
- Who is winning? Patreon, Twitch, Substack, Etsy, Teachable, Knowable, Podia, Outschool, OnlyFans, And Gumroad are some, to name a few.
- These platforms typically charge 5% to 50% of creators’ revenues.
Don’t want to miss our financial news you can finally use? Subscribe to our newsletter – it’s free!