Toys R Us is returning to an (online) store near you with the help of Target.
- A company called TRUKids acquired the rights to the Toys R Us name and giraffe following the bankruptcy which forced 800 U.S. stores to close.
Now. Target might be the perfect partner to bring Toys R Us back to life.
The NEW Toys R Us.
- Content is king. Sorry kids, this new Toys R Us is a content website with articles reviewing toys, trends, and DIY activities ideas for parents. Welcome to the internet.
- Shop at Target. If you want to buy something you’ll be redirected to Target.
- Their new mascot is an aardvark named, Aaron. (Jk, Geoffrey the Giraffe is still kickin).
How does this affect my wallet?
Target’s not toying around. After significant investments to their in-store toy experience, Target views the partnership with ToysRUs.com as an opportunity to broaden their reach.
- Target hopes this new website traffic will boost online revenue. What kid doesn’t love shopping for toys online?
Bullseye supply. Target is best-in-class when it comes to supply-chain forces in the competitive market of 2019. (They offer same-day delivery and free in-store pickup at every U.S. store).
The Target/TRUKids merger could disrupt Bezos’ spirit in the crucial holiday shopping season.
Don’t call it a comeback. Toys R Us will make their retail location come back next month, opening two smaller-than-before locations. Target will power online sales.
Don’t want to miss our financial news you can finally use? Subscribe to our newsletter – it’s free!