We broke down the top asked questions into a Money 101 series. So if you’re brand new to personal finance we can help you get a jumpstart, or if you just want a quick refresher on finding a bank account, buying a home or landing that new job – you can jump right in where you need to.
It’s time to #RethinkRich!
If you’re considering college, community college,or trade school as an option after high school, this guide will answer your most pressing financial questions:
- Is education a good investment for you?
- What types of financial aid are available?
- Should you take out student loans?
- How does the FAFSA application work?
- What should you do to prepare for college?
If you’re looking for helpful tips, information, and lists to guide you through the financial aspects of your post-high school education, this guide is for you!
2. Getting A Job
In this guide to getting your first career job, you’ll discover everything you need to know about how the hiring process works and what you can do to set yourself apart from the competition.
This guide walks you through every stage of finding your first career job, including:
- What type of job to pursue
- How to prepare for a job search
- How to find jobs and land interviews
- How to nail a job interview
- What to consider before accepting a job
You’ll learn how to build an online presence that catches the attention of recruiters and employers, how to find your way to the best jobs, and how to give yourself a significant edge on the competition.
3. First Bank Account
If you’re about to open your first bank account, this article will help you understand how banks and bank accounts work. We explain the different types of bank accounts and show you how to use bank accounts to your advantage, including:
- What is interest?
- Is my money safe in a bank?
- What’s the difference between a bank and a credit union?
- How to choose a bank
- How to use your bank accounts
You’ll also learn what interest is and why it matters, whether your money is really safe in a bank, and what “FDIC-insured” means.
4. Budgeting Money
Anyone can build wealth at any point in their life and anyone can go broke, including the wealthy. It all comes down to how you handle and use your money.
This guide will teach you exactly how to use and manage your money, including:
- What Is Budgeting And How Does It Work
- Is Budgeting Worth The Effort?
- How To Budget Your Income
- How To Allocate Income According To Your Lifestyle
- How To Make Tough Money Decisions
Budgeting is the secret to financial security and long-term wealth, regardless of how much money you earn. So let us help you get started!
5. Credit Cards and Debt
Understanding how credit and debt work means that you never have to end up buried in debt or stressed about upcoming payments. This article will increase your financial literacy by explaining how to use credit and when to avoid getting yourself deeper into debt, including:
- Borrowing Money: Is It Good Or Bad?
- How To Use Credit To Your Advantage
- How To Use Credit Cards Responsibly
- How To Get Out Of Debt More Quickly
You’ll also get tips to help you build a high credit score, get out of debt more quickly, and execute a mortgage refinancing strategy that saves the average homeowner $100,000.
6. Wealth Management
The best way to avoid going broke and continuing to build wealth is to understand your full financial picture and look ahead. We’re here to help you understand the primary areas to stay on top of including:
- Debt management
- Insurance and estate planning
We want to teach you how finances work, and how to manage finances as you grow, since it is the surest way to avoid losing the money you work so hard to earn throughout your lifetime.
Taxes are a necessary part of earning, saving, and living in this country. But they’re nothing to fear. If you’re new to doing your taxes or simply want to understand them better, let us be your guide:
- What are taxes
- Common tax terms to know
- Where our tax dollars go
- Types of taxes
- How to file your taxes
- What happens if you make a mistake on your taxes
- What happens if you don’t pay taxes
- What to do if you can’t afford to pay taxes
- Tips to save money on your taxes
It’s been said taxes are one of the two great certainties in life, meaning that no matter what you do, where you work, or where you live, you’ll probably have to pay taxes in some capacity.
8. Buy Your First Home
Buying a home is an exciting time, but you have to be prepared. Learn how to financially prepare for homeownership, how to calculate what price home you can afford, how to navigate your way through mortgage loans and the closing process, and more.
- Are You Ready For Homeownership?
- How Much Money Should You Save To Buy A Home?
- 4 Ways To Dramatically Reduce The Cost Of Your New Home
- How To Buy Your First Home
- Beyond Purchasing Your First Home
Find out everything you need to know about first-time home buying so you can enjoy your home, without regrets, for many years to come.
9. Earning More Money
If you want to put more money in your pocket, then you’ll love the information in this guide. We’ll cover:
- Why Should You Earn More Money?
- Understanding How Income Is Determined
- How To Earn Good Money Money With A Side Hustle
- Where To Get Skills Training So You Can Earn More Money
- What To Do When You Can’t Earn Money Fast Enough
You’ll learn how to earn quick money, find a side hustle that pays well, start your own business, and even find employers, clients, and customers willing to pay you.
10. Investing Money
Investing is the true path to a solid financial future. While having a savings account is great for an emergency fund, investing provides passive income for a stable future. This guide will clear up what investing is, and:
- Explain basic investing terms
- Provide common strategies to help budding investors
- Help you build passive income
- Show you how to invest for retirement
If you’ve ever wondered what investing is or how it all works, we aim to answer your most pressing questions and help you understand which types of investing will help you best meet your financial goals.
Why ‘Minority Mindset’?
We’re Rethinking Rich. By bringing personal finance to people in a fun, easy-to-understand way, we can help the minority invest, earn and save in unique and unexpected ways.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter for the latest news straight to your inbox daily, and jump into the Money Nerd community on our socials!